Living With Dementia
Support for those living with dementia in Gloucestershire
Receiving a diagnosis of dementia can be life-changing. However, it does not automatically mean that you are not able to access legal services. You may still be able to prepare a new Will or appoint someone to help you make decisions.
Every situation is different and we work hard to help support people with dementia access legal services independently where possible. We will meet you at home to discuss your wishes and set out your options clearly and concisely.
If your loved one is unable to make decisions for themselves, we can work with you to address the legal issues that dementia raises.
Living well with dementia
There are a number of organisations in Gloucestershire which offer support to those living with dementia and their families. In particular:
- The Alzheimer’s Society runs monthly memory cafes, art classes and singing groups;
- Keep Safe Keep Active runs monthly Young at Heart Memory Clubs;
- Mindsong provides interactive music therapy sessions;
- Carers Gloucestershire runs monthly support groups for carers; and
- the local NHS service Managing Memory 2gether offers an information and education service to people with dementia and their carers.
Nationally advice can also be obtained from Carers UK, Dementia UK and The Alzheimer’s Society.