November 4, 2018 |

To apply to be a deputy, you need to complete a paper application and obtain a capacity report confirming the loss of mental capacity. The paperwork is very detailed and can take a long time to complete.

If you decide not to seek professional advice, you must be confident about the order you are asking the Court to make and what decisions you may need to make in the future. The Court will not grant you more powers than you have requested.

We can help:

  • assess whether a person lacks capacity and if a Court application is necessary;
  • work with you to prepare the application;
  • prepare instructions for a capacity report; and
  • guide you through the Court process.

Related Posts