November 4, 2018 |

The Court of Protection will decide what powers are appropriate and set these out in the deputyship order.

If you are acting as a deputy, you must take care not to exceed your authority. With that in mind, you may need to go back to the Court of Protection to seek further permissions. For example, you will generally need additional authority to make a loan on behalf of a person who lacks capacity, to make large gifts or use the person’s funds to support another.

Related Posts